Want to know more about upcoming events and activities with the Cedar Rapids Curling Club? Check out the first issue of our monthly newsletter: The Pebbler. We also have an Extra Fine Edition so you can get a quick overview of events.
Monday League Starts Next Week!
The first night of our Winter League is November 3rd, starting at 8:15 pm.
If at all possible, please be at the arena early to help get the ice ready!
See the League Page for schedule and team details.
He Ain’t Heavy; He’s My Brother
This month it’s time to talk about weight control. No, I don’t mean counting calories and all that – let’s talk about being able to deliver the weight that you really want for your shots.
We will be starting a new, Monday night league on November 3 that will run through March. This league will be a mix of men and women teams that are trying to qualify for the 2015 USA Curling Arena National Championships being held in Cedar Rapids, July 16 – 19, and open teams (any mix of men and women) that are not qualifying for the Arena Nationals, so you do not have to considered for the Arena Nationals Team to be in this league.
If you would like to be in this Monday night league, please send an email (no online signup) to firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM THIS FRIDAY, OCTOBER 10 with the following information:
- Years Curled:
- Position you would like to play (rank in order, 1 (highest) to 5 (lowest)):
- Do you want to be considered for an Arena Nationals Team?
- ONLY If you want to be considered for Arena Nationals: Did you attend the Arena Nationals Candidate information session held on September 12, or do you have a copy of the presentation that was given there?
- If you are signing up as a team, or a partial team, who are your other team members (Please include above information for your team members as well.)?
- For those NOT wishing to be Arena Nationals Candidates: If you want to play with specific people, such as a spouse, child, friend, etc., let us know and we will try to accommodate that request.
- Arena Nationals Candidates: We cannot guarantee any requests to play with other individuals for the entire length of the Monday League, but will try to honor them at the start of the League.
- Any additional comments?
Information on our Fall League and last night’s results are now available on the Fall League page. Refer to this page for current standings, league schedule (including byes), team rosters, and substitutes list!
If you are looking for a substitute (or are one) remember our Facebook Virtual Warm Room is a great place to check!